Where can teens find the solid answers they need?
Teens have questions, and they need solid answers to help them defend and protect their faith. They face challenges daily as our culture erodes Christian values through public schools, political compromises, the media, and peer pressures. They struggle to believe the Bible while the world keeps telling them that Christianity is an empty exercise. This book, the first in a groundbreaking new series, will give teens the insights they need into God's love and His Word—answers that they will never receive from the world!
Find great answers to these 15 popular faith questions:
- How can anyone believe that the Bible is true since it was written so long ago when people didn't know stuff?
- If God's really so great, why does He let so much pain and bad stuff happen in the world, like earthquakes, floods, and wars??
- I believe God created the earth, but does it really matter how old the earth is?
- Who has the most evidence — creationists or evolutionists?
- With everything I hear about God not existing . . . how can we even know that He does exist?
- Come on, why would God punish the whole world for one guy’s mistake?
- If God really loved the world, why would He make a flood to kill everyone off?
- How could God populate the world with just two people a few thousand years ago?
- Should people from different races marry each other, or is that wrong?
- Why should I listen to what the Bible says about sex?
- If Christians are supposed to love everybody, why do they always seem to hate gay people?
- How are we supposed to talk about God and the Bible in school when it’s illegal?
- How can we be sure Jesus is the only way to get to God?
- The Bible . . . and dinosaurs . . . and dragons?
- Why would God ever want to save someone as messed up as me?
It is imperative that theologically conservative, gospel-centered churches get serious about teaching faith-affirming apologetics, especially for their young people. As revealed in our eye-opening book Already Gone, children start becoming skeptical about the Bible almost as soon as they start hearing that “science” has proven Scripture to be wrong—and that’s early!
Undermining the Bible usually begins in cartoons that talk about millions of years. Evolution is actually affirmed by well-intentioned Sunday school teachers whose curricula avoid teaching what the Bible reveals regarding Creation and the Flood. By the time they’re teens, young people are so hardened against the trustworthiness of the Bible that they stop believing in Jesus—and many never return. In addition, their friends, teachers, and the media tell them every day that the Bible is simply a bunch of moral stories. Young people understand that if that is true, then the gospel message is a lie, and faith in Jesus is futile.
It is with that reality in mind that AiG has written a new book especially for teens. Please consider the teens in your life. They've been lied to.